The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s is slightly smaller and more compact that others we’ve seen from Braun in the past, and the box ships without any fancy charging dock. You get the shaver itself, a charging cord, a tiny little brush for cleaning it, and a clear plastic guard to protect the head in transit – as well as the on button, which is pretty genius. So no more suspicious vibrating objects in your bags when you travel.
The first notable feature on this Braun Series 3 3040S electric shaver is its advanced shaving technology with sharp blades that cut quickly and gently. The shaver has a micro-comb that gathers more hair for a quick shave in a single pass, which makes this shaver a good fit for sensitive skin.
The ProSkin 3040s, the successor of the highly popular 340s-4 is likely to become a best-seller by balancing costs and features. Without further ado, let’s see how it performed in our detailed Braun 3040s review.
Instead of a digital display on the shaver itself, indicating the amount of charge remaining, the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s utilises three simple LED lights which go out as you drain the juice. A charge of one hour will result in about 45 minutes of shaving. So, depending on how often you shave, one full charge could see you right for a couple of weeks away without the need for the charging cable. Another reason why this is a perfect travel shaver.
- Another advantage of the Braun Series 3 ProSkin is the powerful battery. A 60-minute charge lasts for 45 minutes, or more than ten shaves. The powerful battery makes it a travel-friendly shaver that is popular with campers and travelers.
- It’s pretty much the usual business with regards to battery life and charging. As previously mentioned, the razor can only be operated cordless for safety precautions. To do that, it comes with a rechargeable Ni-MH battery that provides enough power for 45 minutes of use.
- The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040S is an easy to clean shaver that lets you eliminate hair and the shaving gel under a tap or even submerged under water. The rechargeable electric shaver also comes with a cleaning brush that lets you scrub stubborn stubbles and shaving gel.
- One of the common shortcomings of this best electric shaver is its heavy weight that makes shaving a challenging task, more so for people with small hands. The weight of the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040S can also hamper your control.
- Another shortcoming of the Braun electrical shaver is that its head does not adjust to various contours. Hence, you might experience some trouble when shaving the hair growing on the hard to reach places.
The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s seems to fill the roles of both a great travel shaver, and also of your main bathroom tool. We love the flexing head with the MicroComb design and the fully waterproof body. Plus, affording it won’t require a re-mortgage.
Finally, there’s the issue of wet and dry use. Some men will never use their electric razors with shaving cream. they don’t want the extra hassle of lathering and cleaning the razor or it simply doesn’t make much of a difference in terms of closeness or comfort.